Thursday, June 11, 2009

Little Birds

Photobucket
Another necklace - this one is called 'Little Birds.'
The name is a bit of a tip of my hat to Anais Nin.
Photobucket
It's made with little glass birds, sticks and leaves connected with sterling wire, garnets and carnelian.
Photobucket
I used some on my Double Helix glass stash to make a crow (above) with 'Psyche' and this little golden chirp (below) with 'Aurae.'
Photobucket
Double Helix's 'Aurea' glass is magical stuff - believe the hype. This bead was made with a thin encasing of 'Aurae' over transparent pink.
Photobucket
This piece of jewelry may be the one I keep for myself. Of course, I always say that just before someone talks me into selling it. The piece everyone wants to buy is always the one that you're wearing. Am I right?
Photobucket

2 comments:

Steph said...

Gorgeous piece! I hope you can keep it for a while! Love the different elements, the leaves are cool!

rosebud101 said...

It's a wonderful piece of wearable art! I love the Double helix crow!