Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Eating Cake

50
Photobucket
Friends brought me the most perfect birthday cupcake, of course it's chocolate.

It was a very quiet day, most of it spent messing with my latest bead sketchbook, a marker and my trusty archival glue stick. Figuring out where I am headed next in lampworking land.

Photobucket
This is where I may be headed with my bird paintings - symmetrical, repetitive patterning, yet still very painterly. I took obe of my recent painted paper sketches and redoubled it up in photoshop to see what a painting might look like. I think I am liking the results.

4 comments:

rosebud101 said...

That is a great painting! Wow!

Steph said...

Happy Birthday Lucinda!
The cupcake looks yummy! And indeed this is a great painting!

LJ said...

I love the painting! And take heart, you aren't suffering alone. In Halifax, we are in week 3 of rain and fog. I believe mass suicide is immanent! Thanks for your visit to my blog...

lotusgreen said...

it would make such a great tile