Monday, January 04, 2010

Dutch Baby

We had a snow day yesterday - bitter, wicked winter. A good day to plink around in other people's blogs seeing what they're up to. Andrew Thornton had gone somewhere and had a Dutch Baby for breakfast.

A Dutch Baby? I hadn't made one in years. What a perfect treat. I padded downstairs, got out the Joy of Cooking and sure enough there was a recipe.
Photobucket
Viola!
Not nearly as pretty as the one he was served, but trust me it was delicious and my family thought I had magical powers as they watched it poof it the oven.

1 comment:

Andrew Thornton said...

Looks tasty! I'm starting to crave one all over again.

(Mine was so super saturated in butter and whatever else goes into a Dutch Baby that when I cut into it in the center, it squirted! I was scared that I might have just scalded someone in the face, but luckily no one was harmed in the eating of my Dutch Baby.)