Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Grayscape

Public Market Crow
Photobucket
Another wonderfully long day at the torch - so many new beads.

Most of today's lamp working was devoted to filling out sets for necklaces, but there was time to try out new ideas. Using pale aqua transparent glass I fooled around with some funky, flowery, organic shapes that will be etched - I am trying to make a funky sort of beach glass blossom. I have high hopes for these. My trunk show at the museum is looming large, it's only a month away now. Fret, fret, fret.

And, I am a last minute artist addition to a Garden Art show - which is next Friday. Luckily they only want the new Snow Drops painting and a handful of small drawings and paintings which are already done, shrink-wrapped and ready to deliver. All I have to do is show up to the opening, which will be tricky because it is also the opening party for another group exhibition I am in. Two openings in one night? Lightning can strike twice in the same spot.

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

Wow! You are a mulit talented artist!