Friday, July 17, 2009

poppy petals

Ages ago I made a single poppy petal.
You can see the original post here.

My intention was to torch a whole set to be worn as a bracelet, which, as you can see I finally got around to almost a month later.

The petal edges were spot heated and ruffled by twisting with a pair of non-serrated edge tweezers. The rod colors are medium red, dark special red, carrot red, cim's sangre, cim's clockwork, transparent striking red and purple red - just about every red kicking around in my stash. The black splotches are black with a dot of raku (iris orange) frit.

The leaves were also made with tweezers and a knife. Thet were made with nile green, a liberal sprinkling of course avocado frit and transparent grass green veining.

Here's the layout for the bracelet.
I am extremely excited about this set. Every once in awhile you make some beads that just seem to be better than what you've made before. I feel like I am finally getting somewhere with the shaping and sculpting of glass into natural forms.


Steph said...

Wowww Lucinda, it's going to be one gorgeous bracelet! The beads are awsome!

rosebud101 said...

those are great!