Sunday, November 02, 2008

hydrangea

i am considering using one of these images, of the hydrangeas along my driveway, for an oil pastel drawing.
Photobucket
i love the yellow leaves with the dark green and the fading pinks.
Photobucket
probably, i will choose this last one. i like the central burst of brown branches.
Photobucket
not much artsy going on here. all day we sorted boxes of stuff left over from my studio move and worked to clear the dining room in preparation for a big dinner party on election night. we will either be crying in our beer or the champagne will be flowing as we eat our apple pie.

i have listed a couple of my odd hats on etsy. i dare you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just popping in to say that a jelly roll is a 2.5" strip x width of the material of every piece of fabric in a particular range.
It is rolled up to look like a roll of color. Try googling one.
I should never have tried to do the long pieces, sashing, in the spare bits of the jelly roll, it would have looked better in plain fabric.......but tough...I am not undoing any more but I am darn tempted.

Steph said...

Well, don't mix champagne with beer anyhow! ;)