Thursday, April 08, 2010

Bird Bath

Photobucket
A bowl of bird beads soaking.
Photobucket
My glassy flock from Tuesday evening's session with the torch.
Photobucket
They're all about 1 3/4" from beak to tail feathers.
Photobucket
I made them all with 'shorts' from my leftover bucket. Shorts are the ends of glass rods.
Photobucket
Two inches of this rod and an inch of that - it's fun to make things from your scraps.
Photobucket
And of course, some Double Helix and bits of embedded fine silver foil to lux them up a bit.
Photobucket
They're way too big for earrings,
Photobucket
so I think I will wire them into pendants.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They are all treasures!!

Christine said...

Beautiful! I've been making birds, too, but yours are so much more interesting than mine. I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Jim Mott said...

Hi Lucinda,
Can I communicate w/ you by email about possible itinerations? My address is jim@jimmott.com. Meanwhile, nice bird and glass work...cool to see the process...and the other imagery, too. Are you a bird-watcher? Warbler season is almost here.