Thursday, October 01, 2009

Tomato Toes

It's so chilly here that I started roasting some tomatoes just so that I could turn the oven on.
Photobucket
Have you ever made roast tomatoes? They're wonderful.

Just chunk up some tomatoes into a big roasting pan, sprinkle them with a bit of salt and a couple of nice glugs of olive oil and toss - then into the oven on the lowest temp and let them slump down all day until you have a rich tomato goo. You can have it on pasta or spread it on toast like jam, which is my favorite way to eat it.

Today I did something way out of bounds.
I went into a store and purchased something brand new.
Photobucket
You can get practically everything you need from garage and estate sales. I live very luxuriously with other peoples unwanted stuff, even their unworn shoes. It's really a sort of green political statement about waste and recycling, my passion for living off of the excess materialism of others. Alas, today I cracked and succumbed to the siren song of these red shoes.

In fact, I will admit that at the craft show two weekends ago I bought a coffee mug - and we certainly did not need another ceramic cup for my morning tea. I must get myself back on the straight and narrow in terms of my possessions (wink).

All I can figure is that handmade pottery must be a gateway drug to sweet red shoes.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Yummy tomatoes !
And I love the shoes (they make me think of the Elvis Costello's song).