Monday, June 18, 2007

thinking blogger award

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

so, i am 'strolling' around my favorite blogs this morning - and i stop in to visit melanie at earthenwood studio beads, and she has nominated me for a 'thinking blogger award.'

i almost peed my pants.

melanie, who is a complete stranger except for the near daily visits we make to each other's blogs, lavishly praised my illustrated ramblings. it was marvelous - mark twain once wrote something about being able to live a month off a good compliment. thank you melanie.

to receive this award, and this is the really cool part, i have to nominate 5 blogs that inspire me and make me think. so away we go...

1. japonisme - lily at japonisme composes a blog that explores and illuminates the influences of japanese art on western art - or as she puts it "how it was that buddah started impressionism." her blog is always fascinating and always exquisite to look at.

2. ullabenulla - this blog makes me giddy. this blog makes me think pretty thoughts. ulla inspires me to make pretty things and try lush new materials. this blog makes me think i want to go all the way across the country, to california, just to take a day class with ulla.

3. allie's in stitches - first let me say that i do not quilt, ever, at all, no sewing. yet, i read this quilter's blog everyday. why? because her quilts are so beautiful that they are really, secretly, paintings and because i love to watch them evolve day to day as she works on them. she shares her clever processes and complete devotion to crazy quilting.

4. dear ada - i don't even know who writes this blog, but they sure have good taste. just about every morning there is an entry with some lovely painting, jewelry, home trinket, sculpture or item of clothing. and 'dear ada' always gives you the link to that featured artist or designer's site. this blog is like window shopping on some fantasy street, while on some magical vacation, where every store is your favorite and every display is something you love.

5. all cupcakes, all the time - this blog makes me think about food, namely cupcakes. who doesn't love monomania almost as much as frosting?

so, those are my nominees.

if you have been nominated, here are the rules to carry on the meme:

1. if, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display the thinking blogger award banner in your sidebar.

2 comments:

melanie brooks said...

YAY thanks for continuing the award! I am excited to check out the links you posted to see what makes you think. Four of those are blogs I have never seen before. The cupcake one, I have seen, in fact...I drool over it frequently. *wink*

lotusgreen said...

my lord--well thank you dear. i'm so delighted that we share a love of each other's blogs!

and i have to say--thanks for the recognition.