Friday, October 07, 2011

I Adore Halloween

Tonight I have a little studio open house, it's a monthly event called 'First Fridays.'
The building I work in opens up to the public and all the artist's throw open their doors and let people see that witchcraft we do.
























Since it's almost, almost Halloween I decided to make some holiday earrings to sell at the event.
Here's the kiln fully loaded with spooky headpins.

I used only basic black, two shades of orange glass (orange and creamsicle) and some intense black frit.
The wires are 19gauge blackened steel.
























I even, neurotically, made some special earring cards.
All this for $10 earrings?
Oh, why not.

If you're here in Rochester - this fun event is tonight from 6-9 at the Hungerford Building. 1115 East Main Street. Use door #2 and ask the elevator operator to take you to the 4th floor, I am in studio 402 (rhymes with boo).

P.S. if there are any leftovers from tonight's madness I am going to bring them with me to Java's at the Public Market tomorrow morning. I should drift in around 10:30.

2 comments:

leigh said...

That is so cool!
leigh
iconoclastcouture.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I just love your kiln!!! So much character:) And as always..your beads are always delightful!! Great that you are doing holiday colors and the extra effort on your cards are just the thing that shows you are passionate about what you do:) Thanks for the inspiration!!