Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Cherry Tree

Um, so, what am I working on?
A cherry necklace.






















It's being put together with cherry head pins, dozens of  off-mandrel leaves and 'tree bark' glass links. The bark beads were made on mandrels that are used to make Pandora sized beads.

Below is a working sketch. As you can see, I ended up doubling up the leaves to give it a fuller look.
That makes six leaves on every link. Hello? That's a lot of leaves. I am sick to death of making them.





















Here's the first headpin hammered into a link, with a little extra pounding for texture.


























Viola! The first link with all the bits in place.





























I think it's going to be lovely.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Oooooh... gorgeous! I love the way you attached the elements, clever! And those cherries are to damn for!