Sunday, February 03, 2008

machine quilting

the best thing you can do for winter depression is to take a class.
learn something = feel alive.
Photobucket
i took a class last week in machine quilting at quilting with margaret.
this is my practice piece of fabric.

Photobucket
you just strap a special foot on your machine called a darning foot and start drawing 900 miles an hour with thread.
Photobucket
yes, it's pretty spastic at first, but quickly things start to take shape.
Photobucket

some lumpy rabbits all in a row.
Photobucket

a bee.
Photobucket
i am still stupid sick - another trip to the doctor's tomorrow.

p/s julia nunes is now up to 3/4 of a million hits on her utube video (below) stunning huh?

2 comments:

Steph said...

I can't get along well with the sewing machine so when I see someone who does I'm truly impressed ... wowww
Thanks again for the pendant !

Anonymous said...

damn woman,
i think i have to get me one of those feet for my softworks class.

amazing work.

-narfletta