Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Oriental & Apples
































Working away on the apple painting.
Here it is at the end of the second day.






























Look down there!

I finally found an old, tatty oriental rug for the painting half of my studio. It's just the right size, just the right colors and just the right price - $40. A worn out old thing that I don't have to feel guilty when I blob paint down onto it. The medallion is still in pretty nice shape. There must have been a table sitting in the center of the room.

It's cliche, but every painter needs an oriental rug in their atelier.
































It's still ridiculously cold and windy here, but the sun was bright and the radiators were cranking.
One of the best things about my studio that it is usually about 82 degrees in the winter.
It's a big old factory, some people freeze and some people roast. I am one of the lucky roasters.
































I didn't get a lot done on the painting since I spent so much time admiring my new rug...
































Some sky, some leafy greens, some juicy red.
































The sunset just as I was leaving.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your rug! I wish I had one. I have a couple lampwork questions. I was wondering how you make your off-mandrel leaves. Also on a 2010 blog post you showed rose headpins, and said you would write a tutorial for them. I haven't searched your whole blog but I was wondering if you ever wrote one. Because they are gorgeous and I would love to try to make them.