Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Get thee to a nunnery...

I had the most wonderful week last week - at the convent.
































No, not like that.
It was an art quilting retreat held at the Stella Maris convent in Skaneateles New York.
Not that I sew or quilt either, but a couple of friends were going and who couldn't use a week on a gorgeous lake?
































Everyone got a nice little nun room. Who knew nun's have double beds?






























The view from my bedroom window. Heavenly.































































Life size Mary at night.
































I call this photo - 'Last Supper at the salad bar."
































This little wooden sign was in the elevator mounted into the beige shag carpeting walls.
Not sure why silence was required in the elevator, perhaps so that you could better contemplate the "going up or going down" metaphor of heaven and hell?
































There are many, many paintings of Jesus at the convent. This one wass my favorite. I affectionately called him 'Neanderthal Jesus.'

No comments: