Sunday, August 01, 2010

Raven & Leaf Pendant


































Raven & Leaf Pendant































The big black glass bird bead was wound with a base of Cim's Tuxedo black and decorated with heavily reduced swirls of Double Helix Psyche on the surface.


































This leaf is my very first piece of PMC.  I need to get set up to make more of this mysterious silver play-doh stuff.  I want more elements like this pendant and to begin making my own clasps will be a relief. Most commericial clasps are sooo dreadful on my jewelry, they're way too machined looking for my tastes.




















The back of the piece, because the back should be as nice as the front and have a bit of a surprise.  It's like wearing nice underwear - not everyone sees it but it's still very important - just in case.























The whole piece is about 3 1/2" long.

5 comments:

Regina said...

Your first PMC piece! it is beautiful! Congratulations! PMC is on my to do list, and I hope to take some classes one of these days. Love the raven too. I like your comment about the underwear, I too have hidden little beads behind charms, love it.

Unknown said...

How clever of you to dress the back side! Isn't PMC just wonderful! I love working with it...but don't get around to it as much as I would like:) Your creation is lovely...but they always are:)

Christine said...

Beautiful work, but I especially LOVE the backside of the pendant! What a cool thing to do!

Steph said...

Oooooooooooh it's gorgeous, really, really, really gorgeous!

Pretty Things said...

That is really, really, REALLY wonderful. Well done!