Friday, August 20, 2010

Big Big Bug

I really cannot give up the idea of making bugs - no matter how many people say "yech."

























They can be worn as pendants but I think of them more as little sculptures. Just something that sits around.

This bug body flipped over on its back.




















I wish I knew what I used for the raked body - it might be Double Helix Triton or Psyche on a base of  Fossil or Canyon de Chelly. That's a great glass chemical reaction that caused those nice black outlines. The bead is about two inches long.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a knack for the bugs...especially those wonderful flies you made!! Don't you dare quit making them:)

Pretty Things said...

That's wild!

Christine said...

Eeeeewww!!

:) But I kinda like it! You do have a skill for the bugs.