Monday, February 17, 2014

Speckled Seeds

Soon to be a necklace.

A big set of small beads.































Very simple.
'Opalino Yellow' glass - not the expensive 'Opal Yellow' just the original Effetre classic.

The Opalino glass colors are some of my favorites - make sure you work them with lots of oxygen or you can get soot trails.

































\
The spots are Double Helix iridescent 'Triton' frit.
Some have only one or two spots and some have many, some I put thru a reducing flame at the end, some I did not. I wanted lots of similar beads, but nothing identical.
































Yes, all those butter yellow to dark honey color variations are from the same color glass.
I love how some of them get all toasty and some stay pale.

No comments: