Monday, October 21, 2013

Ghostly Teardrops

The long road to holiday sales begins with making jewelry components.





Seventeen Effetre 'Opalino White' headpins on 18 gauge bronze wire.
 
This is the most beautiful white glass, it is vaguely transparent, ghostly would be a good description.
When you work with it use extra oxygen in your gas mix or you can get nasty black wisps of carbon on your beads. Be sure to pre-warm this color, or introduce it very slowly into the flame, like all opalinos, it likes to pop and shatter all over the place.


The plan is that these will become part of a bracelet.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, those are gorgeous! I love the shape, and the color is beautiful. Can't wait to see the bracelet!

Gardanne said...

Great shape, I'll have to try bronze wire I love the color. You can have my opalano glass I never got the hang of using it.