Friday, January 04, 2013

Skullduggery

I sold way more earrings last holiday season than I expected.
By the end I was crafting pairs, and pairs, almost every night to replenish my dwindling stock.






























It got pretty desperate. I was practically out of my own lampwork beads. I did have some piddling glass headpins left. So, I dug into my "other" bead stash and whipped up some fun stuff.

The headpins are simple balls of Raku glass on the ends of 20 gauge brass wires. Stack on some hand-carved bone skulls and then some old bone roses on the left pair and some rock crystal beads on the right pair and... viola! you've got earrings.

The point is to remember that not everything has to be complicated - and - that you will never, ever actually run out of beads.

No comments: