Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bangin' Earrings

A couple of months ago I wrote a post about hammering brass buttons into flat charms.
It's an idea I picked up on Pinterest.

O Pinterest you're such a great studio buddy and muse.
You can see my old "banging buttons" blog post here.




























Ancient looking earrings made with a pair of my hammered buttons. The buttons had a rich black patina in the crevices which hammered up nicely. Don't the buttons look like old coins?

The dangles on the bottom are wound from tiny glass headpins that I made at the torch on 20g brass wire.

I made the holes in the buttons with a helicopter punch - you need one of these. This little tool is inexpensive, fun to use and makes perfect holes in almost anything metal. I've even made holes in nickels with mine.

No comments: