Saturday, July 09, 2011

Bouquets

These sweet little pairs of flower beads are one of my glassy standards.




























They're perfect for making summer earrings.






















When I make these beads, step one is to fabricate all the individual petals. Then you carefully apply them to the base bead and gently melt them in. It's fussy and time-consuming but I love playing with layering colors and transparency. Like in this pair of transparent blue and opaque yellow flowers, where the blue glass lays over the yellow the result is a beautiful green. Oh, that darn color wheel.














































































If you're in the Rochester area these flowers, and loads more of my new beads, are at "Let's Bead" in East Rochester.

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

They are beautiful! Good luck at your show!

GalwayGirl(DK) said...

Those beads are beautiful! I love the fuscias