Monday, October 24, 2016

Summer Seeds Necklace


Inspiration is where you find it.

The beads in this necklace were inspired by the hundreds of tiny bright yellow-green burrs I hand-picked out of Miss Kiki's black fur. About a month ago she came back from a night-time walk plastered in them. A few test beads later I had the color I was looking for and it was just a matter of making enough of them for a rope of burrs.
































It's one continuous strand made with hand-hammered bronze links.
































The core of the beads is Effetre 'petroleum green' and the encasing is a mix of Effetre 'pale apple green' and 'grass green light transparent.'

I used a wonderful inexpensive press from Devardi Glass to shape the beads.
























My furry muse, Miss Kiki P. Oodle.


No comments: