Sunday, June 12, 2016

Spring Seeds
































This necklace does exactly what I want my jewelry to do - look like it just fell off a plant.

































The beads were made with a cheap-o tong press I ordered on a whim from Devardi Glass.

I am in love with it.

It makes the most wonderful
little 'seeds.'

I had to file off some uncomfortable
rough edges on the handle,
but other than that it's great.

The quality may be rough,
and the beads are technically a mess, but they are perfect for my work.

I can't wait to buy a few more
of these presses to mess with.

*Bonus*
I made the whole thing with glass from my bowl of shorts (with a bit of frit added here and there).
































A close-up of the sterling silver clasp and tag.
The chaining is all jewelers bronze wire, with age it will turn a beautiful dark greenish brown.

No comments: