Sunday, May 05, 2013

Bollywood Charm Bracelet

It's a completely over the top, jangly, colorful charm bracelet.

I'm having a trunk show at the Memorial Art Gallery later this month and the curator wants pieces made with found objects. The overall event is called "It Came from My Attic" and I am delighted to be included.

Good thing I have a massive stash of garage sale found object goodies to work with


This piece has, at it's heart, a bracelet made with my glass flowers and leaves. To that I've added lots of vintage plastic charms and brightly colored Indian bells. I got to use all the vividly colored anodized aluminum jump rings I impulsively bought ages ago - I knew they'd be perfect for something, someday.


I don't even know what this plant like thing is that is encased in resin (above). It was originally on a keyring.


It was lovely digging into my stash of charms and making things, and I have been a busy beaver the past week. I can't wait to share pics of all the found object earrings, bracelets and necklaces I have been fabricating.

No comments: