Sunday, March 11, 2012

Venetian Seed Pods

Ooh, these are tricky to make, especially since I make them two at a time on the same mandrel.

























Why two at at time?
It's much easier to make a matching pair, for earrings, ya know?
















































I used commercial rods of encased aventurine (the sparkles), the same as on antique venetian glass beads.






















These are the 'prototype' earrings I made years ago.
I still wear them all the time, nasty brass wires and all.
It seems I can put anything in my ears, no problem.
I should make myself a deluxe pair with sterling silver wires and fancy decorated glass pods.
































Here's a close-up of the construction, in case you want to have a try at making yourself a pair.

No comments: