Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Balls Out

Giant pendants.
 

Made with big, round glass beads - some are hollow, some solid.

























Last week I bought a dapping block, helicopter punch and some metal blanks and started making my own bead caps. Plink, plink, plink with my big brass hammer.

Making bead caps is lotsa fun. My 'old roadie' husband is nearly deaf so the incessant hammering is not bothering him. Alas, the dogs, who usually sleep at my feet when I am making jewelry abandon me while I am hammering my little heart out. The old one just glares at me as he shuffles upstairs to find a quiet place to continue has seventh, essential, nap of the day.

























These pendants turned out exactly the way I had envisioned them - which rarely happens.

























I've been wearing this one (above) all week. It's on a nice, long cord so it's fun to fidget with.

























What's now at the top of my tool wish list?
A disc cutter.

4 comments:

Courtney Breul said...

These are wonderful!!!!

Steph said...

They are wowwww!

Donna said...

Beautiful! What type of metal did you use?
Donna

belvedere beads said...

Donna - I used a variety of metals, sterling, nickel silver, copper, brass & bronze.