Saturday, February 13, 2010

Orange Blossoms

At this point winter seems so endless and grimly gray that I am making my own colorful flowers. I suppose it's a kind of magical thinking. I pretend that I am mothernature - with a blowtorch.
Photobucket
I made a whole pile of these earrings - each pair with rich transparent glass colors for the petals and lots of garishly colored freshwater pearls and vibrant hued gemstones, like peridot, garnets and peach moonstones, for the blossom centers and stems.
Photobucket

The page from my glass sketchbook where I planned out these beads and earrings.
Photobucket
p.s. the official sport of February is applying hand lotion.

2 comments:

Gardanne said...

I love these, nothing like transparent color. Its time to put together a book idea about journaling girl.

Christine said...

These are beautiful! I love the vibrant colors. I also love seeing your sketchbook pages where you work out your ideas. Very inspiring!