Saturday, October 23, 2010

Leafy Bits

Besides the rose shaped glass headpins, like the ones from last Tuesday's post, I also make simple leaf headpins.





























Leafy bits with wiry spiral tendrils.
This is why I make my headpins so long - about 6 inches in length.
With all that extra wire they can wrapped into all sort of things, like dangles for earrings.

This little pair of leaves has a base of black glass that was rolled in Raku (iris orange) coarse frit, the wires are brass.




















These (below) are Sage glass with Copper Green frit and on copper wire.






























They would be charming dangles on a bracelet but these will become earrings.


Here on the North Coast the leaves are almost gone.
I just keep reminding myself that it was a nearly perfect summer and fall, but damn, I loathe winter.

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

You are so creative! You really do great things with your beads and wires.

Unknown said...

You never fail to impress!! Still looking for that tutorial...even though I don't do glass:)