Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tail Feathers

I finally managed to flamework a crow bead with a nice notched tail.




















It has a good shape from side to side too. I feel like I am finally getting somewhere with my beads being more representative and sculptural.

The glass I used to make this little bird is plain old Effetre black with swirls of Double Helix Triton that I heavily reduced at the end to give it the blue-black iridescent sheen of a raven.































All I need is more time and more practice - easier said than done these days. I am having fits of frustration over my work schedule. As an adult I understand it fully and even agree with the situation, as a three year old I would just like to kick someone, really hard, in the shins. When I talk about it with my husband says he can see the cartoon steam coming out my ears.
This little bead is up in my "Belvedere" Etsy shop. (sold)

No comments: